Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Blimp is Back


If you are an avid reader of my blog, and I hope you are, you may recall an article I posted back at the end of 2006 ago on a company called Cargolifter. Simply put the company as a 3PL that uses a blimp to ship cargo. The idea is brilliant. It's eco-friendly, eliminates border issues and traffic for that matter. The post actually generated the post comments every for any of my post with 12 comments.

I haven't heard anything from Cargolifter, but today I came across Boeing and its partner Skyhook, which seem to be revisiting the idea. I really hope it catches on because its really a great idea for many industries to help reduce carbon footprints and to easy traffic on the the roads.

2 comments:

benmcclanahan said...

http://outsourced-logistics.com/operations_strategy/boeing_jhl40_rotorcraft_blimp_0716/

Here's an article about it.

Christopher Sciacca said...

Great thanks for sharing.