Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Chain Reaction: The Book by Bob Malone

I've had the great opportunity to work with hundreds of reporters over the years that cover supply chains. All of them, well the ones that are good, have their unique little ways about them. Bob Malone is one of them. His unique way is that he is a great story teller. He provides all the glitz, color and smells to actually make you feel like you were there. You may be saying, "Duh, Chris, that's why he's a writer." But not all writers, particularly supply chain writers are created equal.

So where was I, oh right, so it was of little surprise to me that he signed a book deal with Kaplan Publishing on supply chains. His book which came out last month is based on the premise that companies are no longer only competing based on product or service quality. They are also competing on the supply chain level, meaning who can get me the product when and want it and at the price I want to pay. In the book he looks at several examples including IBM. The premise makes perfect sense particularly when it comes to commodity products. So congratulations to Bob. I'm sure it will make the rounds at the universities this Fall. Chain Reaction is available now for $17.82 at Amazon.com

Please note as a disclaimer, I worked with Bob on providing some of the IBM related content in Chain Reaction.

No comments: