Thursday, November 03, 2005

Logistics for Men



This week's post is going to lean more on the side of humor, so bare with me. So I was dragged to Sephora, a perfume and cosmetics store, last weekend with my wife. Besides picking up a huge headache from the thousands of scents, I also picked up a bottle of shaving astringent. Not because I need an $18 bottle of astringent, but because of the name of the company Anthony's Logistics for Men. Egh? Do men need logistics? After looking up the dictionary's definition for logistics apparently we do. Logistics is defined by dictionary.com as "the aspect of military operations that deals with the procurement, distribution, maintenance, and replacement of materiel and personnel." While keeping my skin acne free is not exactly a military operation it does involve maintenance. So by Anthony's view, who was looking for a set of products that help men with their personal supply chain of face, shave, body and hair - so I guess oddly enough it makes sense in a Barbie meets Sgt. Slaughter kind of way .

So once again I have illustrated how the supply chain effects your daily life. Next week, how to hire your personnel Chief Procurement Officer to help curb the costs of food shopping.

FYI: While the astringent burns quite a bit, it actually works.

No comments: